Everything is about How to vote #India– India is the world’s largest democracy and an election is a vital pillar of democracy; it is because election ascertains that the government is of the people; by the people, and for the people;
In a democratic country, every person has the right to have their own political view; elections are the ideal opportunities; that people get to express their political opinion; and, choose their leaders this is called suffrage;
For this the election commission of India prepares a platform; where every common people can cast their vote; the constitution of India gives power to the election commission of India to conduct regular, free, and fair elections;
The Election Commission of India keeps updating its electoral roll and includes lakh of new voters to the list; after attaining the age of 18 every year; Often these first-time voters play a crucial role in setting;
the poll narrative be it general election or assembly polls; if you are also a first-time voter and will be voting for the first time then here is some major information that you should know. according to this article “how to vote#india“
What requirements for registration to vote in India
In order to participate in the voting process of India; it is essential for all the voters to have their names registered in the voter list; also known as the electoral roll of their respective constituency; for this, you need to follow some major requirements that mentioned here.
- you must have attained the age of 18 years on the qualifying; and 1st january is the qualifying date; for voters registration for the years of the election; it means , if by 1st January 2020. you have completed 18 years of age; then you are qualified to register any 2020 election; but if you have turned 18 years of age; after this date ;then, you can’t cast your vote for the year of election ;
- make sure you have not disqualified; to enroll as an elector; due to any corrupt practices or;have been declared of unsound mind;
- you are ordinarily resident of the the polling area of the constituency; where you want to be enrolled.
how to register to vote #india Details
In India, Eligible voters are split up into three categories;- first general voters, second NRIS and overseas Indian voters, and third service voters (Armed Forces working in India). Different forms are issued for each category which is mentioned here.
How to register online (General voters)
If you are a first-time voter and want to register then you have to just follow these steps given below.
- First of all, you need to go to the website www.nvsp.in this is a government website, national voters service portal.
- register yourself as a new user by entering a number/ email address with a password.
- then If you scroll down, you will see a form 6.
- Click on the form now you have to fill this form as a new voter
- While filling this form, you will need to attach three documents.
- first a scanned copy of your passport size photograph and second your age proof, for age proof you can attach a birth certificate, 10th/12th mark sheet, band passbook, Aadhar card, driving licence or passport.
Register offline for How to vote #India
Alternatively, if you want to fill the form offline; you can download this form from the website, and print it, forms are available for download in both Hindi and English ;
fill the form along with a photocopy of the documents required (photograph, age proof, address proof) and mail it to the nearest election branch; if you don’t want to download the form too; then you can obtain this form free of cost from any electoral registration center;
Register NRIs and overseas voters
NRI stands for Nonresident Indian. Every Indian citizen who is staying in a foreign country, owing to employment, education, etc. has not acquired citizenship of a foreign country and has completed 18 years as of 1st January of the year,
are otherwise eligible to be registered as a voter in the address mentioned in your passport. However, NRIs can register as a voter from being outside of India. The person has to fill out form 6A and send it by post or can apply online for registration as mentioned above.
How to register service voters #india ?
If you are a part of Indian service; such as in the Armed Forces of India from Assam Rifles, CRPF, BSF, ITBF, GREF, Central Industrial Security Force or are employed under the Government of India or foreign;
Or a member of an Armed Police Force of a State; and serving outside that state. You can enroll as a service voter.
Service voting is a bit different and it has another portal. A service voter needs to go to the website on the service voter’s portal and register as we have mentioned above by filling form 2, form 2(A), or from 3 depending upon their posting.
What to do when your application gets rejected.
Now the question is what to do when your application gets rejected; Although you meet all the eligible criteria still your application gets rejected; Then you will have to use the grievance commission website;
which is available on the election Commission website www.eci.nic.in Click here and submit your complaint on your issues. It’s especially used if your application has been rejected.
the most important thing to notice is; if you want to do these things offline; You can download all these forms 6 ,7, 8 from the website, print them, and mail it to the nearest election Branch.
Also, you can assess these from any voter registration center; Fill it and attach the required documents and submit them to the election branch.
What happens if you move from one city to another
If you sift from one city to another city; you can change your constituency; For this form is issued. As stated in our law that you can register only from one constituency; and your name can only appear in one electoral roll.
in this situation; when you move into a new city; and a new address you will need to cancel the old voter id, and register using a new one From the new constituency.
Form 7 is used for any type of deletion; By using form 7; you can delete your old voter registration; There is a column on the form called reasons; you will list the reason shifted; if you are moving from one constituency to another.
You can also use this form in the event of the death of your near one or if someone is missing or a person is not qualified to vote. To remove these types of entries from the electoral roll this form is used.
Now you have to fill again form 6 from a new address that you have moved in for new registration from the new constituency.
How to fix, if your voter id card has a mistake.
Unfortunately, If there is any mistake in your voter ID card; like sometimes people’s names are wrongly spelled or the address is not proper; then you can fix these errors. You need to go to the website and fill the form 8
While filling the form, you will require three numbers first EPIC number, second serial number of the electoral roll, and last part number of electoral roll.
EPIC Number – electors’ photo identity card number appears on the top of your photo in the voter ID; as you can see first three are letters and the rest of seven-digit numbers; it’s your epic numbers. When you receive your voter ID you can fill it.
To find the serial number of the electoral roll and part number of the electoral, you have to go to the website www.electoralsearch.in. On this website, you will have to search for your name in the whole database. You can search it by using the epic number or search by details.
After inputting the details or EPIC Number; you will get the remaining two numbers from there; Now use these three numbers; to fill the form 8; In this form. In this form, you can maintain the errors and changes you want and summit.
How to vote #India useful information
You can only vote if your name appears in the electoral roll/ voter list; here you will get can find all the information related to “how to vote #India”; see info on polling booth, contesting candidates, Identity, voter list, and EVM below.
checking your name In the voter list–
voter list is an anthologized comprehensive list that comprises the names and other details of the voter in a particular constituency.
Having a voter ID is not enough for a person to be eligible to vote in an election; until your name appears in the voter list of your constituency; of residence from where you have been registered as a voter;
So the person should check before the election whether his/her name is on the voter list or not. Now election commission of India made it possible to check the name online. Just follow the steps here.
- Go to the website electoralsearch.in
- After visiting there as you can see, you can search for names by two methods.
- First, click on search by details and second search by EPIC number. You can search with anyone as per your choice
- Alternatively, Download the voter helpline app.
- Calling the Voter Helpline 1950 (please add your STD code before dialling)
- SMS space to 1950 (EPIC stands for Electors Photo Identity Card also commonly known as Voter ID card). Example – If your EPIC is 12345678 then sms ECI 12345678 to 1950
- if your name appears in the list, you are eligible to vote, otherwise, you need to register at https://www.nvsp.in/ or there is an issue in your application, then fix it.
All these following details are included in the voter list;
- The full name of the person
- Date of birth
- Signature sample
- National ID number
- Registration address
Find polling booth(where to vote)
Visit the website www.eci.nic.in and click on the tab polling station maps on the ECI website to view the specific polling station pin.
The location of all the polling stations has been plotted on the maps. each Polling station location is seen like a pin drop on the map;
OR use the voter helpline app to find your polling booth. Also, you can find the name and address of your polling station from the photo voters slip issued to you by the election Commission office.
Voting process at polling booth
Once you reach the voting center; firstly, the polling official will check your name on the electoral list; and check Your I’d proof, so don’t forget to carry your I’d proof.
A voter can carry any of these recognized I’d proof for polling.
- EPIC (Voter ID card)
- Driving License
- Service Identity Cards with photograph issued to employees by Central/State Govt./PSUs/Public Limited Companies
- Passbooks with photograph issued by Bank/Post Office
- PAN Card
- Smart Card issued by RGI under NPR
- MNREGA Job Card (Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee)
- Health Insurance Smart Card issued under the scheme of Ministry of Labour
- Pension document with photograph
- Official identity cards issued to MPs/MLAs/MLCs
- Aadhaar Card
2– Secondly, a polling official will mark you with indelible ink on your nail, give you a slip and take your signature on a register ( Form 17A).
3. Then you will have to deposit the slip at the third polling official, and show your inked finger, and then go forward to the polling booth.
4. Proceeding this, record your vote by pressing the ballot button opposite the symbol of the candidate as per your choice on the EVM – Electronic voting machine. You will hear a beep sound.
5. Check the slip that appears in the transport window of the VVPAT machine. The slip with the candidate serial no., name and symbol will be visible for 7-8 seconds before it drops in the sealed VVPAT box.
6. If you don’t like any candidate, you can press the button NOTA (None of the above), it’s the last button on the EVM.
7. Pay attention here, Mobile phones, cameras, or any kind of gadgets are not allowed inside the polling booth; and no one else can vote in your place.
For more information Click here